Open PhD Positions:
Seeking highly motivated candidates to carry out research at the intersection of geometry processing, numerical optimization, and high performance computing. In particular, the focus is on developing shape representations and geometry processing algorithms which are scalable to large volumes of data, and adaptable to high performance computing environments.
The successful candidate will have
• Master’s degree or equivalent in Computer Science, Mathematics, Physics, or Engineering.
• Good programming skills and experience in at least one of these subjects: differential geometry, numerical optimization, ordinary/partial differential equations, GPU programming.
• Solid academic record and excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Familiarity with discretization and simulation techniques (e.g. meshing, finite element method) is an advantage.
Please send in:
• C.V. and transcripts
• Motivation letter (max. 1 page)
• If available, TOEFL scores, or equivalent record of English proficiency
Terms of employment:
The successful applicant is offered a unique opportunity to develop a strong research career in a highly stimulating and international scientific environment. To get a glimpse of the working environment, please check the MPII website (https://www.mpi-inf.mpg.de).
The working language is
English. German language courses are also available for foreign students.
Max-Planck-Institut für Informatik Phone: +49 681 932-54005
Department 4: Computer Graphics Fax: +49 681 9325 499
Campus E1 4, Room 205 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
66123 Saarbrücken, Germany